2.2.11

November 2009


"A Mother Knows Best"... Or so I was always told & it only took me 21 years to believe it! After 2 years at Weber State University in Ogden,UT I had finally decided that a change was past due & that I was packing up and heading to the hot state of Hawaii, where I would finish school and go from there. My mom was not my best sponsor when it came to this move, and she would always say "You know, I'm going to laugh when you meet a boy that changes everything and you end up staying here"... Being the wonderful and obedient daughter that I am, I laughed and said that chance was gone. Not even a week later Daryks mom met me at a Weber State football game and had said she wanted to set me up with her son and that she was the "BEST" match maker! For how confident she was about her skills, I planned before even meeting her son that I wouldn't let it work, I would be that one match of hers that didn't succeed!... FAIL, not even a week after my moms comment and meeting Daryks mom, I found myself face to face meeting Daryk Smith at "The Pie" Pizzaria. That first night of meeting went well, possibly a little too well. Well enough to lead to the following weekend as a "date night". With Daryk living and working in Springville UT and myself in Ogden, he would make the hour and a half commute to go to a movie and dinner. Easily, the BEST movie & dinner date I had been too. So.... This is where the picture falls into place. It was taken on our first date, after we finished watching "New Moon".. Little did I know that this would be the first date of a million with D!
  -xoxoxo    JO*

No comments:

Post a Comment