3.2.11

July 2010


THE PROPOSAL... July 31st would easily top the charts as to one of my most memorable days. After waking up at 4:00am to go open Crossroads Fitness and put in 6 hours of work at the gym before heading over to visit some of my patients that I see each Friday, I still couldn't wait to get down to Springville to finally see the "opening day" of the movie Charlie St. Cloud. I had been talking to Daryk months before the movie was released, saying just how badly I wanted to see it and so D had told me that Thursday night that I had to be down there by 3:30pm in order to make it to the show that he had got us tickets to.
           So after working at the gym and seeing my patients, 1 o'clock rolled around... Before setting out on my journey down South I decided to kiss goodbye my black bags that took over my eyes from the lack of sleep I had from the night before & gave into a bottle of Coke for the car ride! Just as I got ready to leave Ogden my best friend, Katie, reminded me numerous times that "drowsy driving is drunk driving" haha, yes those exact words! Being the prompt person that I am, I sped down to make sure that I would make it not at 3:30pm, but at least 15 minutes early so that it gave me room for any traffic. Right as 3:08pm strikes the clock I called Daryk letting him know that I was getting off the Springville exit and would be at his house in 5 minutes. With my head bobbing & my eyes squinted trying to stay away, I look in my rear view mirror just after getting off the exit and see the beautiful colors of red & blue lights spinning.. WONDERFUL. Like my parents had always told us kids "if you ever get  speeding ticket, you are off our insurance and paying for your own!" The first thing that came into my mind, besides the fact that my mother was going to slaughter me, was "drowsy driving is drunk driving". "Was I swerving and driving that bad", I questioned myself... Looking in my rear view mirror and watching the police officer walk up to my car I tried to act normal because "cops hate girls who try to cry", or so I was always told. After handing over my drivers license, insurance & registration I waited as he ran everything. With zero worries in my head because I knew I had a clean record and everything was up to par, the cop (along with his partner) came walking back to my car. Having one police officer on each side I started to panic a little bit before being asked "Miss, do you know why I pulled you over?" "Ummm no?", I simply replied, even though I knew exactly why... "Yes you do" he said in a stern voice". "Okay, yes I do. I was speeding. Probably going ALOT FASTER than just speeding but I won't do it again", was the best line I could come up with to try and weasle my way out of a ticket. Just then the police officer opens my driverside door and tells me to step out, that my license has been expired and that they would like to search my car. As the other police man opens up my passenger side and digs around, all I could think was "MY MOM IS GOING TO KILL ME!" Just as the police officer walks me to the back of my car and orders me to put my hands on the trunk before they handcuff me, I broke down bawling.. Not like a normal hormonal 21 year old girl would do, but more like an 8 year old elementary kid does who gets caught doing something bad at school. "My (sniff sniff) mom (sniff) is go-ing to ki-illl me" as I tried to tell the police office, just then I turn around because I heard a little laugh and there, on one knee sits Daryk Smith with an open box and a diamond ring. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or still cry, but still being in the shock that I was, I sat on Daryks knee. haha, Yes he immediately says "No Jo, you have to stand up. I'm not finished!" Then he proposed... Calling my mom right after laughing with the police men about their "good joke" they had PUNKED me on, my mom says "Do you love the ring?" And with the most honest answer I said "I am still getting over the shock factor that I am not going to jail, I havent even looked at my ring!" haha. All in all, it was an amazing proposal story that we still both look back on and laugh bout & .... I loved my ring! :)      -xoxoxo    JO*

No comments:

Post a Comment